It’s a great honor to have the responsibility bestowed upon me to be the president of the Plano Area Alliance of Black School Educators. A wise man once said “The smartest man in the world is the man who realizes he’s not the smartest man in the world but strives to be the smartest man in the world”. I take this same philosophy knowing that I will not be perfect but will do my best to be the leader our organizations needs.
PAABSE is a local affiliate, which is governed by our state affiliate – the Texas Alliance of Black School Educators (TABSE), and our national affiliate – the National Association of Black School Educators (NABSE). The focus of my priorities as president, along with my executive board, will continue to align with TABSE Big 5 Strategic Priorities and Outcomes which are:
- Priority 1: African American Student Achievement in STEM ( Math and Science), Early Education and Eliminating the Achievement Gap
- Priority 2: Promote Employment, Recruitment, and Career Development
- Priority 3: Provide State Recognition for African American Students and Educators of African American Students
- Priority 4: Take Actions to Influence Legislation and Educational Policy
- Priority 5: Focus on the Development of Effective Leaders
PAABSE is for educators who believe in a quality education and experiences for ALL.
PAABSE is for educators who believe that every child should have a HERO. PAABSE is for educators who believe in SOCIAL JUSTICE for students of African descent. We boldly and proudly do the work necessary to continue the unfinished legacy of our ancestors and founders. We are here to engage, empower, and uplift our african american children and communities. This mission and these goals can only be achieved together. We ask you and we welcome you to join us as we make a difference in the lives of the many children and families we serve.
“A change is brought about because ordinary people do extraordinary things” ~ Barack Obama