Let’s Promote Community Unity & Safe Practices Together!
Deadline for submissions - EXTENDED: Friday, April 9, 2021
Your artwork could appear on PAABSE shirts, websites, social media sites and you could win cool prizes.
This contest is your chance to express how much you want to beat COIVD-19 and/or how your community has unified during the pandemic.
How many ways can you say it? Crush, smush, crash, beat, bash, smash, destroy, eliminate, decimate, wipe out, erase, deface, annihilate, demolish, extinguish, split, delete, exterminate, beat, defeat, clobber, thrash, whip, blast, zap . . .
Express the importance of wearing a mask, washing your hands, and social distancing and getting the vaccine when it is available.
Show how the pandemic has brought the community/families closer. Express school spirit and positivity. Any positive messages that are connected to overcoming the challenges associated with Covid 19/coronavirus are welcomed.
Let your creativity shine through!
2021 PAABSE Student Art Contest Guidelines
Deadline - EXTENDED: Friday, April 9, 2021
- Each design must illustrate the theme "Beat COVID 19 / Coronavirus."
- Design should be fun, serious, humorous, positive, and/or motivational, but it should not promote violence.
- Limit one entry per student. Designs must be original work created by the student. No group entries allowed.
- Students may use multiple colors or black and white. Entries must measure 8.5" high x 11" wide.
- Media may include crayons, paint, markers, colored pencils and digital art.
- PAABSE logo will be included on winning entries.
- All digital entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 9, 2021.
- All entries must fill out a registration form (click here to fill out entry form).
- PAABSE will notify the teachers or parents of the winners no later no later than Friday, April 23, 2021, and all winners will be invited to a special recognition program.
- The 2021 PAABSE Beat COVID 19 is open to students in 6th through 12th grade, and a cluster winner will be selected from each school cluster of entries (East, West, Central) and one winner from each category - middle, high, and senior high. These winners will receive a $25 gift card will advance to final judging.
- The grand prize winner will have his or her artwork featured on T-shirts and will receive a $125 gift card from PAABSE. The winning entry will also be posted on PAABSE's website, Paabse.com
- All artwork becomes the property of Plano Area Alliance of Black School Educators and may be used for advertising, sales or promotional purposes with appropriate credit to the artist. By entering the contest, you consent to have your name and photograph appear as one of the winners.